Earth Day 50th Anniversary
Tomorrow is the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day. There are some great online events happening this week and there are things you can do outside around your home or apartment.
Stay safe, Montclair!
|4/22||Gardening with Deer Resistant Plants||6:00pm EDT|
|4/22||Green Amendment||9:00am EDT – |
|Three Day Live Stream||All day|
|4/25||NEEC Gardening for Life Workshop: |
The joy of herbs
And here are some ideas to support our environment today (and everyday!):
- Join a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
- Start a backyard compost
- Buy more local and/or organic foods
- Purchase eco-friendly products (such as a bamboo toothbrush or clothing from recycled materials)
- Plant a native tree or plant
- Use less plastic
- Use a reusable water bottle and coffee mug
- Keep Tupperware and stainless-steel utensils in your car to use for leftovers and takeout
- Decline a straw when ordering a drink in a restaurant
- Bring your own bags when you go shopping
Thanks to our friends at NJSWEP.
For more options, see visit The Raritan Headwaters Learning Resources