Even without a pandemic, 2020 would have been a big year. Our decennial census is happening right now and it’s critical that you are counted to ensure our community gets all the funding we deserve.
You may have also noticed 2020 is an election year! Here’s the information you need to ensure you vote is counted as well.
Join millions of neighbors, celebrating all kinds of ways – exploring new ways to live sustainably, diving deeper, teaching others or just trying things out for the first time.
Tomorrow is the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day. There
are some great online events happening this week and there are things you can
do outside around your home or apartment.
Stay safe, Montclair!
And here are some ideas to support our environment today (and everyday!):
- Join a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
- Start a backyard compost
- Buy more local and/or organic foods
- Purchase eco-friendly products (such as a bamboo toothbrush or clothing from recycled materials)
- Plant a native tree or plant
- Use less plastic
- Use a reusable water bottle and coffee mug
- Keep Tupperware and stainless-steel utensils in your car to use for leftovers and takeout
- Decline a straw when ordering a drink in a restaurant
- Bring your own bags when you go shopping
Thanks to our friends at NJSWEP.
For more options, see visit The Raritan Headwaters Learning Resources